Breakfast Casserole

 brown sausage into crumbles - 

  • today I used 1 pound of bulk. 
  • I dumped it into a frying pan and turned the heat on medium and left it for a bit
  • when it was starting to brown, I took a fork and broke it all up into bits
  • cooked it until no more pink

bread into 1/2 " cubes

  • today I had a half a baguette in the freezer
  • any rolls or even leftover hamburger buns will do.
  • it works better if the bread is a little old and dried out
eggs - today I used 9 large
cream or milk - today I used cream and probably a cup
grated cheese - one of those pizza/mexican mixes is good - you want melty cheese today I used 2 cups
Salt and pepper - no idea how much

Scramble the eggs and cream and salt and pepper together until they are all mixed.

Then put everything in a giant bowl. You are aiming for a fairly soupy blend. I started out with 7 eggs and it wasn't soupy enough so I added two more. Soupy with lumps of sausage and bread.  

The amounts of each ingredient vary widely. Also green onion and/or mushrooms might be fun to add. As long as the end result is soupy, you'll be  fine.

I poured mine into individual containers - one for each breakfast but you can make it all in one large casserole.  The soup needs to sit overnight in the fridge.  I bake mine in the morning at 375 for 40 mins.  A large casserole may need more time. You can tell if it's ready if a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Undercooking is not good but if you bake it too long, no big deal.